Mailing list spam

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Mar 29 16:04:23 CST 2000

I personally vote for making the list "closed" in which people cannot send
unless they have subscribed to the list.   Yes, some may argue that they
will not be able to send mail then from a different location.  I don't see
this as a problem -- if it's that big of an issue, get a generic account
where you can use it via a web browser interface (or build your own) and
call it good.   I've been on multiple car lists for many years now and
we've rarely had problems with spam.   Usually the ones doing it are
small-time "here I am" operators.  The way the current system is, you are
opening yourself wide open for a deluge of potential hits.

I think people here should be bright enough to get onto the list and off of
it by themselves.  Likewise I don't think it should be a problem for some
people to develop work-arounds by closing the list off.   With the
archives, most people could view the stuff said during the day from work on
their browser and then just have an email window that allowed them to send
something out when they needed to respond.

As you know . . . the facts and opinions are my own -- blah blah blah.

Bradley Miller, Programmer/webmaster
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri office
Phone: 816-228-3814 Fax: 559-663-4046