Email Advertising Works--Special Rates till Friday

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Tue Mar 28 03:39:42 CST 2000

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Ripcrd6 wrote:

> DO NOT SEND ANY MORE SPAMMMMM TO KCLUG OR I'LL CONTACT YOUR ISP AND
> HAVE YOU BLACKHOLED.

Who?  The KCLUG list?

So, let me get this straight -- you send a hateful warning directed at a
spammer to a public mailing list, and don't at least even CC the spammer
(who is undoubtedly using a false address).

Not to mention that you FORWARDED THE ENTIRE SPAM MESSAGE TO THE LIST.
Not real bright.  Who are you helping?  You just sent out the spammer's
message AGAIN.

Jeez.

J.

o-----------------------------------o
| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "If they [proprietary Unix vendors] want  |
| Network Systems Management |  to make the same strategic concession to |
| Sprint Communications      |  Linux that they foolishly did to NT,     |
o----------------------------|  that's fine by me.  We'll just eat their |
                             |  lunch at the same time we're munching on |
                             |  Microsoft's."                            |
                             |  -- Eric S. Raymond                       |