Skeleton in Linux closet?

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Wed Mar 22 19:27:24 CST 2000

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Bradley Miller wrote:

> Yes, I agree to a certain point . . . but the point of the article was to
> say that WallStreet is having second thoughts about it and when they do the
> vehicle for getting the software to the masses is in jeprody.

2 points:

1)  _All_ tech stocks have been getting beaten up recently on Wall Street.
It isn't just Linux stocks.  This article is typical FUD.

2)  Linux doesn't need high stock prices to survive.  Many people make the
assumption that Linux won't succeed unless mainstream business accepts it.
Linux has _already_ succeeded.  It's a question of when mainstream
business reads the writing on the wall and learns to do things our way.
If they don't, they'll die off like the dinosaurs that they are.

Jeffrey.

o-----------------------------------o
| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "At the beginning of the week, we sealed  |
| Network Systems Management |  ten BSD programmers into a computer room |
| Sprint Communications      |  with a single distribution of BSD Unix.  |
o----------------------------|  Upon opening the room after seven days,  |
                             |  we found all ten programmers dead,       |
                             |  clutching each others' throats, and      |
                             |  thirteen new flavors of BSD."            |
                             |  -- Unknown                               |