Reclaiming Hard Drive Space

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Tue Mar 21 19:20:39 CST 2000

Why not just mount them as vfat? Granted, they wont be native linux drives,
but you can still use them. That is how I have my machine at home set up -
I have a 2.8 and a 1.6 GB drive that I went ahead and used FAT32 on. I use
them to write mp3s to. That way they are available to both Linux and
Windows if I need them to be. I find that the Ramones played at a very high
decibel level helps remove the pain of using Windows :)....

It looks like you may need access to stuff this way as well with having 3
OSs on it.

Randy

On 3/21/00 at 12:51 PM gedascher at multiservice.com wrote:

>I want to reclaim some hard drive space from a Win98 drive to use with my
RH6.1 setup.  Here is how my system is currently set up:

>HDA:	500MB Win98 Root FAT Partition
>	500MB WinNT4 Root FAT Partition
>	1GB Win Swap/Shared FAT Partition
>	2GB Win98 Games FAT32 Partition
>	1GB Win98 Apps FAT32 Partition
>	1GB Win98 Data FAT32 Partition
>
>HDB:	50MB Linux native /boot
>	124MB Linux Swap
>	1.5GB Linux Native /
>	1GB Linux Native /home
>	2GB WinNT4 NTFS Apps Partition
>
>What is the best way to reclaim the Win98 Games, Apps, and Data partitions
to use for Linux?  Any Hints????