2Wire DSL Lookup Service

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Mon Mar 20 19:54:37 CST 2000

I don't know what/where they are getting their information for this stuff.
I'm not the distance (19500 ft.) that they listed, and they have no clue on
service providers.  Mine isn't even listed on their list.   Still, it's a
fun site to visit, well organized if nothing else.   The only true way to
find out is to have a line test at your residence/business performed.  Some
people are being told "NO" when it could actually be a "maybe".   Likewise
people are getting "YES" and it's a "heck-no" type of thing.   Until they
actually test, they don't know.   (And it's a nervous moment too!)

Interestingly enough, SprintION said I wasn't eligible either . . . but
since I'm already up I guess they were wrong too.   I can live with only
1.5Mb/sec vs. 8Mb/sec.  ;-)

At 09:15 AM 3/20/00 -0800, you wrote:

>This site lets you check the distance from your
>location to the local switch to see if you are close
>enough.  It also shows speed and pricing for all the
>service companies.
>Brian

Bradley Miller, Programmer/webmaster
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com