Next meeting (Location)

steve doerr sdoerr at qni.com
Fri Mar 17 04:54:07 CST 2000

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> Would you be able to get the same room each time?   That would save some
> confusion.  Also, we have started meeting twice per month, would a room be
> available on that basis?   So far the library has been very flexible, I
> don't think the meeting room we use has been scheduled much.   I think that
> few people think to ask.   Also, how late could we have a room?
> Currently, we must be out by 9pm.   This does keep the meetings a little
> short (6-9).
>
> At my current employer the UMKC campus would be very close, about the same
> as downtown, but that's only for a short time.   I like the downtown
> location because it's accessible from several highways.   A couple other
> things to think about are security and parking.   UMKC might be more secure
> and well lit outside, but how is parking at night.
> Brian Kelsay
> Former Y2K Flunky
> (I no longer want to Y2K anything)

I have yet to hear back from them, but they sounded open to recurrent use of
the facilities.  They just want to make sure they are comfortable with what
groups use their facilities for (don't want any alum sponsoring Hitler Youth
rallies or anything in their facilities, and rightfully so).  I'll ask about
parking, twice a month, and the time frame and post back to the list.

Thanks,
Steve