Test from my Linux box . . . .

root root at linuxbox
Fri Mar 17 02:54:55 CST 2000

Sorry -- I couldn't resist.   StarOffice went in without a hitch.  Very cool
program . . . tried some simple stuff back and forth and worked without a
hitch.  I also figured out how to mount things so I could use the file manager
to look at them on this PC (Linux).  It's very cool to be able to look at my
different disk drives on the other PC's around the room.   I haven't figured
out how to get to the WinNT box, but I can't get to it with my Win9x clients
either . . . I think my user policies and all that are hosed.

The other slight irritation is setting up users on the Linux boxes so I can get
to them (the Win9x boxes).   I wish (hint hint) there was a way to autoconnect
like I can with Windows.   I'm thinking about making a script to mount the PC's
I want for my Linux boxes.   This is really cool, because I was doing all my
playing with PHP/Apache over the FTP connection.  Now I can write directly to
that drive with Samba -- much more efficient IMHO.

As an FYI for those looking for some cool background images -- try this page:

http://sung3.ifsi.rm.cnr.it/~dargaud/Background.html

Is it just me -- or does the Linux GUI decide to use a different key combo for
the Copy-Paste in every application?  Some apps use Alt-C, some Ctrl-C.  Most
all of them use Ctrl-V for paste . . . ugh.   What a wacky mess -- as if
learning this wasn't hard enough.

-- Bradley Miller (from the Linx box . . . )