Partitioning questions

Frank Wiles frank at wiles.org
Thu Mar 16 17:37:59 CST 2000

 .------[ Bradley Miller wrote (2000/03/16 at 11:31:01) ]------

 |  Now that I have Samba running, I'm looking at some directories and that and
 |  I think I need to give somethings more room, and possibly look at adding
 |  another harddrive.   What's the best way to go about this?  When I was
 |  installing Samba on the other computer it complained that the /usr wasn't
 |  big enough.   I deleted some files (4 mb worth) and all was fine.   How
 |  would I go about changing that . . . perferably without messing up my 60+
 |  days of uptime?  ;-)

    Unless you're willing to just move mount points around, you're going
    to lose your uptime.  ( Well at least I wouldn't recommend adding
    and yanking drives in a running system!!! ).

    Easiest way is to add a new drive, partition it up a bit, and move
    your mount points around to give yourself more space in the areas
    that need it.