zip250 problem

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Mon Mar 6 18:37:47 CST 2000

Are you sure it is being treated as an IDE device?

I had a similar problem with my HP 8110 CD Writer. It is a IDE device, but
in order to use it as a writer, you have to do SCSI emulation, which then
makes it a SCSI device. Hence, it is no longer at /dev/hdd, but is instead
located on the scsi /dev's.

I would look around and see if it is being detected someplace else. If I
remember correctly, it should be shown in /var/log/messages.