Automount/Autofs help.

Chris Hoelscher MoHoel at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 4 17:36:17 CST 2000

Hi.  Dealing with a NEC 4x6 IDE cdrom.  It's read-only 6speed with four slots.
There is only one actual reader, but you can load four cd's.  The benefit is
you don't have to be in front of the machine to swap cd's for up to 4 of your
most commonly used ones.

In Windows, I get a seperate drive letter for each slot, then exploring that
drive causes the swap of cd's to happen.

In Linux, it works o.k. as a reader, but only reads whatever slot I manually
made active.

I came up with a patch for autofs at the following web site;
http://www.earth.li/projectpurple/progs/cdchanger.html

I've compiled in the patch, and set up my auto.master and auto.changer
according to the example, but I'm stuck there.

Does anyone know of a "simple" tutorial on automount/autofs and such?  The man
pages have me dizzy!

Thanks,
Chris H.

--
The Rules Have Changed...Get Paid to Surf the Web!
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=GSQ205