Corel Linux

Ripcrd6 ripcrd6 at worldinter.net
Mon Jan 10 23:25:36 CST 2000

You ably describe the apt get command.  That is one thing I admire about
Debian, though I have yet to use it.   Mandrake has a very simplified
method for  the retrieval of packages, actually for updates.  They have a
desktop icon, "Update" which will start up Kpackage and I think it will
launch Kppp if you are not connected to the net.  You select what you want
to update in Kpackage and it gets it from the Mandrake FTP site.   It's a
very simplified system to keep a box up to date.   I think you mainly get
patches and newer versions of programs, like what is listed on the Redhat
errata page.

$.02
Brian
Mandrake User