Y2K Glitches

Link, David LINKD LINKD at LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL
Fri Jan 7 17:06:37 CST 2000

Only problem so far that I had was that my Worldclock Win98 app on Ed
Allen's wife's WIN98 machine was not reporting the right time from either
the time.nist.gov server or my CMOS time. So I got rid of the app and Ed
Allen made his Linux box an NTP Server. Her WIN98 box is now served time
from Ed's Linux gateway. His box is her firewall out. He showed me where to
obtain NTPTime from an ATT web site and I installed NTPtime on all my boxes
at home and at work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ripcrd6 [mailto:ripcrd6 at worldinter.net]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 10:42 AM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: kclug - Y2K Glitches

So, does anyone have any Y2K glitches to share?   Any bugs you killed dead
or that are in progress?   I only ask out of curiosity.

 So far, the only one I have found is an old 486 that didn't roll over into
the new year on its own.   It went to 1980 and stayed that way for a day
before someone noticed it.  This PC was cobbled together from spare parts
to run the UPS shipping software exclusively.   So we shipped out a few
packages that had 01/03/80 on the label.   UPS says no problem.   I say,
thank god it wasn't something worse.   All the other PCs that would have
had this problem were phased out.

Anyone else?

Brian
Y2K Flunky