Unix98 ptys

Gene E. Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Mon Jan 3 17:32:54 CST 2000

	Who can tell me about the Unix98 ptys?  I was doing some system tuning this
weekend to get my sound card to work, and upon restarting my system with the
newly compiled kernel, i discovered that my GNOME terminal did not work
anymore.  When i try to start it up, I get an error message that says
something about not having my Unix98 ptys configured up correctly.  Upon
further examination of the .options file in my /usr/src/linux2.2.12-20 dir,
I found that the Unix98 ptys were disabled.  I re-enabled them using make
xconfig and recompiled everything again.  Unfortunately, I am still having
the same problems.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Gene Dascher