Software modems

mike neuliep mike at illiana.net
Fri Aug 18 14:41:42 CDT 2000

A lot of the new compaqs we are buying here at work do not have an ISA bus.
Who would have ever thought that would have happened?  To be honest, I'm a
fan of external modems.  I like the pretty lights and they're easier to install,
just hook them up to your serial port!  Also they're not architecture dependent
so you can use them on anything from a dumb terminal to a PC to an HP
workstation.  To me, that makes it well worth the extra $20 for external.

Forget software modems, they're a thing that sprouted from the ugly beast of
Microsoft.

	Mike Neuliep
	mike at illiana.net