Problem with Caldera 2.3 on install

Randy Rathbun rathbun at spamcop.net
Mon Sep 27 00:39:50 CDT 1999

I am just mentioning this because I wasted an entire weekend with this bug and
wanted to save someone some headaches.

The new Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 has a small bug on install in LIZARD. It asks you
to set up your partitions and then does all the nifty install stuff. But, it is
brain dead and does not turn the swap partions on for use! Trust me it is not a
nice sight to see your web browser crash after loading two pages because it is out of memory and
then watch X crash and burn as well.

The fix is simple and Caldera has it listed on their website at:
http://support.calderasystems.com/caldera?solution&11-990920-0001&130-937854600&14-11&15-5&25-&3-&30
-