list question & comment

cruller cruller at unicom.net
Thu Sep 23 15:20:39 CDT 1999

I wan't a ruling

"Welcome to the Kansas City Linux Users Group!

        This mailing list is for those
individuals who wish to share ideas, comments,
and other information with users in the Kansas
City Area.  Please, feel free to post any
related material to the list.  Please, however,
refrain from spamming or otherwise abusing this
service to our Linux Community.

KCLUG Staff"

So is this a:

A.) Linux list //all linux all the time
B.) Kansas City Linux Users Group // COMMUNITY of linux users in the Kansas
City Area.
C.) Geek culture list //ala slashdot
D.) Pit of flamewars

Personally I think we should avoid choice 'D'. Choice 'B' looks like it
overlaps both 'A' and 'C'.  Choice 'A'. can be had at alt.comp.os.linux, so can
choice 'D' for that matter. And 'C' can be had at slashdot.

*So should you post a Kansas City Geek culture Item? Maybe - Maybe not.
*Should you Jump someones shit for doing so?  I won't, but probably not.
*If you post off topic and get flamed should you be a condescending smart-ass
and start a flame war?  Absolutely Not.
*Should you fan the flame? NO

This is NOT an anonymous list where you can tell everyone to piss up a flag
pole and not expect consequences so be civil.  Remember we see each other once
a month, so think before you post.

See you all in a couple of weeks and and have a happy autumnal equinox.

Gerald Krall

P.S. would a garage sale notice be out of the question?  Lighten up, Just
kidding!