Linux Internet Filter

Doug Ledbetter dougl at mnu.edu
Thu Sep 16 18:54:04 CDT 1999

At 01:10 PM 9/16/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>	We are setting up a Linux Internet Gateway box (connected to an ADSL line)
>for our church and would like to find out if anyone knows about a
>linux-based content filter akin to Net Nanny.  We want to implement the
>filter on the server, so no users will be able to disable the filter at the
>workstation.  We have a couple of workstations that will be accessable to
>the Youth of our church, and we don't want to take ANY chances.

There are some available, but not for free that I'm aware of.

Check out Smartfilter (runs on Linux):  www.smartfilter.com

-dougl

 Doug Ledbetter        --       Webmaster       --       "The Mad Scientist"
 MidAmerica Nazarene University 2030 East College Way, Olathe, KS 66062-1899
 dougl at mnu.edu           (913)782-3750 x205              http://www.mnu.edu/

  "Whoever shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive
 Christianity will change the face of the world."  --Benjamin Franklin 1778"