Non-root user cannot use net (WAS: mouse support in slackware 4.0)

Sam Clippinger samc at silence.org
Sat Sep 11 05:41:08 CDT 1999

When last we left our heroes, Maurice L. Entwistle had just said:
> Dear KC Lugs:
> the net with Netscape. However, I can only get on as "root" and I know
> that's a NO, No!
> or do I have something more complicated wrong? Any suggestions will be
> appreciated.

I don't think I understand.  Do you mean that your non-root user cannot dial
up, that your non-root user cannot start Netscape, or that your non-root user
cannot send/check email?  Basically: more information, please. :)

                                -sam

 Sam Clippinger               For PGP public key (KEY ID: 431C5529), see
samc at silence.org          http://www.micro.com/~samc or http://pgp.ai.mit.edu
=============randomly selected quote===no relevance to the above=============
"Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly,
danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt
with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What
can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not...yet, I occurred."
                                          - Frank Herbert, "Dune Messiah"