checking file systems

Jeffrey Greer jgreer at showmethenet.com
Thu Sep 2 20:42:35 CDT 1999

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to check my file systems for bad blocks or any
other problems, including the root file systems.  I can't find good
docs to do this and have looked at plenty of docs.  How do I check the
root filesytem if I can't unmount it.  I don't know how to boot linux
with the root file system unmounted.  I am running RH 5.2.  If I could
I would like to do this remotely.  I boot Linux off a DOS floppy using
loadlin.  There is also a bootable cd-rom drive on my computer.

thanks
--
Jeff Greer
B.S. computer science, University of MO - Rolla