DEC Celebris XL P90

Drew_Rohde at kcmo.org Drew_Rohde at kcmo.org
Wed Sep 1 19:30:14 CDT 1999

Duh.... I should have read your original post more closely.  You clearly
said that you already had one.
I will see if there is interest in getting a group order together.
Thanks for the info.
Drew

cruller <cruller at unicom.net> on 09/01/99 01:52:18 PM

Please respond to kclug at kclug.org

To:   Drew Rohde/is/kcmo
cc:   Kansas City Linux Users Group <kclug at kclug.org>
Subject:  kclug - Re: DEC Celebris XL P90

Hey drew,

I already bought one.  It's running beta 3 of windows 2000(booo hissss, I
know, It's for home work) And I'll install linux on another drive when I
can figure out how to config lilo to work with scsi devices & W2K.  I put
an old slackware distro on it and it straight up flew!  This company does
_NOT_ really get you on shipping.  It was only 16 or 17 bucks for shipping,
actual cost from UPS for 42 lbs.  You could save some moola by getting a
group purchase together and get quantity pricing, tho.  That brings up a
separte issue with one person paying to get the price break, however 90
bucks is not all that hard to come up with to give to some one who'll
charge the whole lot and receive all the boxxen for local redistibution.

Jer