BYTE Column - The Linux Process Model

Ripcrd6 ripcrd6 at worldinter.net
Tue Nov 30 21:22:30 CST 1999

Well Ed, I'm not sure what this article is telling me other than threads
are faster than processes.   I can only assume that it is meant to
reassure/educate those that want to use Linux in a multiprocessor
environment that the kernel hackers are adding threading capability to all
parts of the kernel.    All of this in answer to scalability questions and
shouts of not being multi-threaded form the Mindcraft crew and their MS
masters.

What can I, a simple user and novice programmer learn from this info?   I
would someday like to browse the source and understand what the heck I'm
looking at, but for now I must say, "Uh, cool, I think."

Here's to someday have a multiprocessor box to play with.   Right know I'll
concentrate on trying to get someone here to let me install a Linux box.
Those darn slaves to the marketroids have me drowning in MS.
Brian
Y2K Flunky