Distributed.net team

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Thu Nov 4 21:44:42 CST 1999

Not sure if anyone else in kclug is doing this, but I am currently running the
distributed net client on 6 different machines. I have my own little group on
here, but since I am the only member....

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else was running this client, and, if so,
would any of you be interested in creating a KC LUG team? If the team wins then
Distributed.net gives part of the money to the person who cracked the RC5-64
code as well as giving part to the group they belong to. I think it is $1000.
Anyway, I figure that on the off chance that the KC LUG team *did* win, the
money could be used for either a really big party or one hell of an install
fest and let the installees take home their very own copy - or just buy a bunch
of packages and donate them to the local libraries or something. Just kicking
ideas around....

Something to think about.

Randy