Modem question

Maurice L. Entwistle maurice at discoverynet.com
Thu Dec 23 04:31:04 CST 1999

I have a US Robotics now #com modem. I took my box to the LUG meeting and
several of you set my jumpers and helped with it. The kde desktop's kpp
setup pretty much did the rest. Of course you may have a Winmodem, and if
so, you're out of luck, IT WILL NOT WORK. But, if you checked the winmodem
site and your modem is listed as working, it's just a matter of time.

Maurice

----------
>From: "Randy Reames" <randy at pilgrimpage.com>
>To: <kclug at kclug.org>
>Subject: RE: kclug - Modem question
>Date: Wed, Dec 22, 1999, 12:12 PM
>

>> I have an Internal USR Sportster 56K Voice modem that I cannot
>> get linux to
>> see.
>
>Is the modem a Winmodem, PCI, ISA?

Folks,
    For the most part (almost exclusively, I've heard) if it's
PCI it <MUST> be a Winmodem.

Lowell