LVM Auto-Grow

Billy Croan Billy at croan.org
Thu Mar 7 09:13:48 CST 2024

I had a filesystem fill up and kill a job that I rather didn't want killed
last night.  I couldn't find a program to automatically grow lvm-hosted
filesystems if I don't notice they're filling up and do something about it.

So I wrote a terrifyingly abhorrent bash script this morning to do it.
Next meeting I'm at, remind me and I'll show it off in all its terror, and
maybe someone can convince me there's a better way, or point directly to
the program I should have found before writing my own.

And maybe, just extending this offer, will push me to finish cleaning up
the edge cases in my script and properly finish it to avoid the
embarrassment of being human in front of other humans.