some thoughts about SuSE 9.3 Pro

Gary Hildebrand ghildebrand at centurytel.net
Thu Jun 16 11:15:34 CDT 2005

After having used it for six weeks, my opinion is mixed.

It has nice features, especially the new KDE.

The bad thing is that some applications will occasionally act squirrelly
-- you try to do something and it just won't respond, or does something
else than what you intended.

Kword takes almost 30 seconds to load a file, which is grossly slow
IMHO.  Launching applications also takes a very long time.  Maybe it is
the limitations of my 500 MHz mobo and 256 MB ram.

I think I'll be going back to 7.2, as it ran nice and smooth.  Bells and
whistles are nice if they work.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph