Gentoo Linux and webcams

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:36:09 CDT 2005

> I'm not happy with the quality of the picture.  The
> colors are off, the picture is washed out and faded,
> and the resolution is horrible.

You might find a camera that has a better resolution, and possibly a
camera that can do good with low lighting conditions.

> Is anyone else currently running a webcam?  Does
> anyone have suggestions on something better or someway
> to improve picture quality?

Bigger resolution makes a picture seem to improve picture quality.
Since stuff "blends" better, or makes so the pixels aren't 1 they are
.5 in size and makes the picture more clear.