MoveOn's "Geek Organizer" Online Job Fair

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 13:30:34 CST 2004

--- Jim Herrmann wrote:
> Jason Clinton wrote:
>
> > There is an appropriate balance barrier however
> > and I
> > believe it wasn't even remotely approached by
> > Jim's post.
> >
> Thanks for this defense Jason.  I felt that the post
> was perhaps
> borderline, but mostly relevant.  One of the profile
> So, you see, it really was more about geekdom, than
> politics.  The fact
> the future, please
> read and understand the whole message before making
> judgments about the
> appropriateness of a particular post.  In fact, I
Well said Jim, perhap a bit wordy though. ;)
I was one of the people who saw this post as not
political in
nature, but as a geek job info post. Which is
certainly partially
on-topic considering the employment status of the IT
field. I
saw the politcal warning as just that a warning that
the linked tosite might be offensive to certain
individuals and thus they
would be prepared. I fould some of the vitriolic
because certain topics
flip certain switches in people's minds and they fail
to grasp the entire content of a statement. I know it
has certainly happened to me and virtually everyone I
know at some point in time.

brian