Spam filtering with Yahoo

Jon k_m34 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 22:54:23 CST 2004

--- Brian Kelsay <BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:
> I noticed that any kind of list mail would do that unless it was a
> Yahoo Group.  They have a fairly aggressive filter, unfortunately it
> still does not get all the miss-spelled pharmaceutical products.  Or
> enlargement products for that matter.
>

> Brian Kelsay

On my end I have KCLUG mail put into a KCLUG folder in Yahoo mail.  The
user filters take effect before the spam/bulk filters, so I catch all
KCLUG traffic before Yahoo even tries to care what it is.  I set up
From, To/CC and About filters for KCLUG, and I don't think I've had one
get missed yet.  I do keep filters for eBay and Apple to their own
folders and I haven't missed one from them either.

For Sunhelp, I did get a couple server messages that got stuck in Bulk
however, because I have sunhelp set to no mail except system notices,
etc. so I don't filter those to a seperate folder than my regular mail.

My suggestion is to put filters in for any lists that you really want
to keep up on, and hit "Not Spam" as often as you can for those that
don't make it wothwhile.

=====
-

Jon.