Interesting almost-free ISP: Access-4-Free.com

Jon k_m34 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 23:49:26 CST 2004

IANAL myself, but I have heard a lawyer of my father's talking about
contract law.  A major point she made was that two people cannot sit
down and make a contract thta is contrary to state law (MO, AFAIK) and
expect to have it stand in court.  If you want to change the, you have
to have a judge agree with your interpertation of current law, or have
legislatures make/ammend the law.

--- DCT Jared <jsmith at datacaptech.com> wrote:
> Actually, since that is the whole point of putting something
> in a contract, it does. IANAL, but I do know that one.
>
> Contracts are bizarre; once you sign it, of your own free will,
> you are bound to its terms, no matter WHAT it says. That's
> why you read the fine print, and do not sign until the contract
> is written according to _your_ understanding of the agreement.
>
> Contract law is awesome. People could topple the government
> simply by pressing their rights under contract law more firmly.
> No one does it though, because it takes a lot of work and
> several years of dedicated effort.
>
> Of course, there are laws that prevent people from contracting
> with intent to harm others, but that is not what is being
> discussed here.
>
> =====
>
> By the way, it was never determined WHY Leo's friend got
> booted from TWC. I assumed it was because he didn't pay
> his bill. You assumed it was because he was sharing his
> network. What is the truth, Leo?
>
> -Jared

=====
-