Interesting almost-free ISP: Access-4-Free.com

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Feb 25 16:21:22 CST 2004

Well I don't know about the rest of you but, my setup has 1 and exactly 1
computer connected to my cable modem. Thus only 1 and only 1 computer is
connected to the cable. It also happens that the computer in question is
also connected to my home network's cable, which is connected to a switch
and that switch connects to other computers. You see a very legalistic reading
of that contract would indicate that you cannot attach more than 1 cable modem
to the network. Now anyone doing that could conceivably double the bandwidth usage.
But this is just a very legalistic reading of what you state your contract
says. I'd have to actually see the contract to determine if that would be
appropriate or not. That is not to say that their lawyers won't argue differently.
But wording is very important and you have to take things apart and use very
precise wording. Law is based on that type of stuff. But IANAL so don't use
this as advice and blah blah blah.

Brian