OT (sort-of): Linux used to virus-check Windoze computers?(wasRe: LiveCD list)

kurt at verruckt.org kurt at verruckt.org
Wed Feb 25 05:17:26 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Kelsay" <BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov>
To: <kclug at kclug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 10:37 AM
Subject: OT (sort-of): Linux used to virus-check Windoze computers?(wasRe:
LiveCD list)

> Forgot to mention something.  Besides running AVG Antivirus, run Spybot
Seek & Destroy and AdAware 6 or his PC.  Those will after getting the latest
updates hopefully get all the spyware, et al off his PC.  I've also heard
good things about CWShredder.   You should then apply that hosts file you
recently point us to.  It was a good reminder for me, I had forgotten to put
it on my wife's PC and a laptop.  I found that site over a year ago.

> Brian Kelsay

I clean up peoples pc's as sort of a side business once in a while. I use
all of those apps, but also the demo version of AATools by Glocksoft. It has
one of the best registry cleaners i have ever used. As a matter of fact, i
have NEVER had a problem with it when cleaning the registry. I have though,
with some others. If you've never tried it, you might give it a shot. Its
got alot of other tools in it as well, but the registry cleaner is top notch
i think.

Kurt