2.6.3 AGP fallback to slower speeds

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Feb 24 14:56:40 CST 2004

Well these lines look strange:
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(II) ATI:  Candidate "Device" section "ATI 9000 Pro".
(WW) ATI:  PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:0:1 could not be detected!
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9000 If (AGP) found

It appears to be looking for a Mach64 for some reason.
Other than that X seems to be detecting and loading your card fine,
except that you have not installed APM and it is complaining about that.
Also I notice that this version of X was compiled with
gcc 3.3.3 (prerelease). I really don't like running software compiled
on unstable compilers. You're running bleeding edge stuff here on
unstable/newly released code. It wouldn't surprise me if you found a bug in
something. Again it doesn't appear to be a problem with the Radeon, but
with the AGP chipset. It could be that the AGP chips are not supported yet,
even though system KT600 chipset is. I was really asking about the AGP chipset.
That is where I would look to fix this.

HTH,
Brian