simple NN in Perl (was RE: LISP program)

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Mon Feb 23 17:28:56 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:23, Brian Densmore wrote:

> Neural networking is best done with hardware.
> But I used C++ to build neural networks in college.

Any paradigm can be implemented in any language, provided
that the implementor has sufficient understanding of both.
Because I think it willbe easy and I want to show off I am
going to present a Perl framework for a neural network system,
later in this message, simulating simultaneity by providing
time slices to all nodes completely at random, and deferring
implementation of the connections and activity of each node. Nah,
I'll provide a stub that attempts to average numbers.

Here goes:
see attachment.  pipe it through less to see the nodes
reach a consensus, sort of.

perl perlNN.pl | less

Brian, does this match the sort of thing you were doing in C++?

--
david nicol
Ralph Nader eats cats