Proxy of some sorts

stevens at manhattan.lib.ks.us stevens at manhattan.lib.ks.us
Fri Feb 20 17:14:28 CST 2004

Yes, it is legal ... as long as we provide a secure login page. ;-)

Jared showed me a cgi script that did exactly what I wanted. It's commonly
known as an 'Anonymizer'. (http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/)

Thanks for the help guys :o)

-Steven

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:00:38 -0600 "Steven Schermerhorn"
> <stevens at manhattan.lib.ks.us> writes:
>> I am wondering if someone knows of software
>> out there that will help me accomplish something.
>>
>> We are a subscriber to a website that grants us
>> access to it based on the requesting IP address.
>> I would like to allow staff to logon to the intranet
>> and then 'trick' this website into thinking it is
>> serving one of our IPs when in fact it is a user
>> off-site.
>
> And have you looked into how this will violate the T&C for the
subscriber website service?

>> I realize this can be done by setting up a proxy,
>> however setting people's computers up to go
>> through a proxy isn't an option. Is there software
>> out there that can redirect/proxy websites.

best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!