Proxy of some sorts

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Feb 20 08:46:06 CST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:54:48 -0600 Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>
writes:
> BTW, you can use any language for web site
> scripting as long as it returns the propper HTTP
> headers with it. Every main-stream language
> out there will have some GPL'd CGI library you
> can just make calls to in order to render the
> proper headers. Just use the language you are
> most comfortable with.

Ironically, even shell scripting can be used to perform some website CGI
tasks.

The Super Dimension Fortress (SDF, www.freeshell.org) I have an account
with makes mention of this in its FAQ about designing webpages on SDF
accounts (their FAQs are available on their website for anyone, including
nonmembers, to read).  Their shell is the Korn shell so I didn't do much
CGI with shell scripting, but you can use bash shell scripting to
accomplish the same general tasks on a Linux webserver as you would with
Perl or another language.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:00:38 -0600 "Steven Schermerhorn"
<stevens at manhattan.lib.ks.us> writes:
> I am wondering if someone knows of software
> out there that will help me accomplish something.
>
> We are a subscriber to a website that grants us
> access to it based on the requesting IP address.
> I would like to allow staff to logon to the intranet
> and then 'trick' this website into thinking it is
> serving one of our IPs when in fact it is a user
> off-site.

And have you looked into how this will violate the T&C for the subscriber
website service?