ot smd sodering

JARiley at dstsystems.com JARiley at dstsystems.com
Thu Feb 19 15:43:33 CST 2004

I don't know what all is around the surface where you need to solder, but
I recently did some work with a 24C08 SMT chip and just used some Scotch
tape to tape down the chip onto the mounts (leaving one side open for
soldering).  I then just touched the tip of my iron to my .022" soldering
wire to get a bead and one by one soldered the pins down.  And as the best
performer ever on American Idol said, "I have no professional experience."

James Riley
ECC Systems Engineer
816.737.6951

Kendrick-LUG <kulua at linux2themax.com>
Sent by: owner-kclug at kclug.org
01/19/2004 05:04 AM

Kansas linux ers <kclug at kclug.org>
cc

Subject
ot smd sodering

I was wondering if any one had suggestions for smd sodering.   the
connector for a wireless antena broke off...   it has 5 point connector
to connect the antenna to the board...  center goes to center wire of
antenna  other 4 are common to the braiding  I was thinking of  heating
the center point and then  the corners after the center was attached.
figured some one might have a better suggestion.