Microsoft lawyer to chair U.S. antitrust committee

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Sun Feb 15 20:36:03 CST 2004

On 13 Feb 2004 21:10:17 -0600 david nicol <whatever at davidnicol.com>
writes:
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:11, Leo J Mauler wrote:
> > , code in pseudocode first!
>
> And the added bonus is if you code by commenting
> outa ll your pseudocode and filling the space between
> the lines with real code, you get your comments
> already there!

Well duhhhh.  :)

Pseudocode is for programmers who like to document.

Of course, documentation can lead to a loss of job security... :)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040206.gtlawyerfeb6/BN

> > Story/Technology
>
> Seems to me this is like letting the fox guard the
> chicken coop as the saying goes.
>
> At least we have Linux as an alternative ...

...for now.

With M$ deciding what is and what is not a "monopoly", soon we'll have
megacorporations which own everything being considered "individuals in a
competitive marketplace" and the GPL redefined as "a monopolistic
entity".

M$ is already trying to get Congress to outlaw the GPL.  If they can
claim its a monopoly unto itself ("monopolies like the GPL prevent
individual programmers from having a choice!") then their work is easier.