I think my server has been hacked

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 03:26:08 CST 2004

I was off a few patches. But I had it set only for
version 2.
It was some form of a remote exploit. Although I
thought I had all remote exploit patches installed, I
must have missed one. That's ok, there wasn't anything
important on the server and it was my very first Linux
'net server. Not too bad, over three years and no
exploits and an average of 10 attempts per day. Now
I'll get to analyze an exploited machine and see what
was intalled on it. Since I have a new server sitting
here woth more power and more disk space.

Thanks again for the assistance,
Brian