Linux in Netware environment - questions

Bryan Richard bryan at booknerd.net
Thu Feb 12 22:44:29 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 02:22:23PM -0800, Rex Deaver wrote:
> Tried Mozilla Firebird, Firefox, and Mozilla Suite. Cookies are enabled.
> I believe it is a form that comes up in IE when ClientTrust is not found.

My experience with "data-less documents" is generally linked to either a
connection being down or the server sending seriously malformed
headers. It sounds like BorderManager is either sending a bad redirect
or Moz is choking on it, for whatever reason.

You might try with another browser off the Moz codebase that accpets
redirects to see where the problem lies: Lynx, Konq. Will wget follow
redirects?

- Bryan

> Bryan Richard <brichard at clusterworldexpo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:45:06PM -0800, Rex Deaver wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am a relative Linux newbie, I have tinkered with it from time to time but nothing serious.
Now I am working on a project to develop Linux desktop computers to work in our Novell Netware
shop. I have lots of questions, and pointers to good resources for doing this would be greatly
appreciated.

> > I do have one question that is driving me crazy right now. Our firm uses BorderManager as a
proxy server. Authentication is enabled and all of our Windows PCs run a program called Client
Trust to authenticate to it. If Client Trust fails to authenticate, we get a login page in the
browser where we can log in manually to authenticate. Obviously the Client Trust program doesn't
run in Linux, but the manual authentication isn't working either...all I get is a popup alert that
says "The document contains no data".