Question on at and atq commands

John Geiger John.Geiger at FossTraining.com
Thu Feb 12 18:27:07 CST 2004

            >>> So a one time backup job may be put here or a scheduled reboot?  After the job
completes with at does it just disappear?  Or could you dredge it up and use it again at some later
date? <<<

	With at, the job would be run only for the time specified. If you were running a shell
script or a program, that program would still exist but the 'job' per se is gone forever. Again, at
was designed for 'ad hoc' types of running i.e., run once.

	>>>For what Jason commented, couldn't they add a character like the @ that causes cron to
run once and then comment out the line? <<<

	Unix 'purists' (and I am not one believe me) would argue that is why you have at as well as
cron .

	John Geiger