Linux in Netware environment - questions

Rex Deaver rdeaver at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 00:45:07 CST 2004

Hi all,

I am a relative Linux newbie, I have tinkered with it from time to time but nothing serious. Now I
am working on a project to develop Linux desktop computers to work in our Novell Netware shop.  I
have lots of questions, and pointers to good resources for doing this would be greatly appreciated.

I do have one question that is driving me crazy right now. Our firm uses BorderManager as a proxy
server. Authentication is enabled and all of our Windows PCs run a program called Client Trust to
authenticate to it. If Client Trust fails to authenticate, we get a login page in the browser where
we can log in manually to authenticate. Obviously the Client Trust program doesn't run in Linux,
but the manual authentication isn't working either...all I get is a popup alert that says "The
document contains no data".

Has anyone here run into this situation and, more importantly, found a solution?