School using Linux

Don Keeler - Lumens dkeeler at lumensoftware.com
Wed Feb 11 22:12:28 CST 2004

Our company provides a complete ready to use solution with Gentoo for
speed and LTSP ready for virtual desktops.  System also comes with our
desktop management software and user management utilities we have
developed.  Plug the box in and off you go.  E-Prom boot NICs as well.

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 15:49, Becker, Rob wrote:

> Tell your friend to look into ltsp.org.  This is the project that
> k12ltsp is based on.  It works well on most distributions.  If you are
> needing some questions answered, feel free to give me a shout.  I don't
> have a large LTSP network, but I have set a small one up for testing.
> As far as the floppy option that others have mentioned, for testing, it
> works great, for production, I would look into netbooting.  The goal in
> a thin client network is reliable computing and centralized management
> as well as low cost.  Using thin clients with the least number of moving
> parts will most likely help you reap all of these benefits.
> Rob

Don P. Keeler
Chief Technology Officer
Lumen Software