[OT] tele-education

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 19:01:43 CST 2004

--- Bryan Richard wrote:

> Could be but one wonders what the point was. Even
> the semi-rural area I
> grew up in had what would be considered excellent
> education when placed
> against the majority of what can be found overseas.
I'm not sure what the majority is, but
we are far from the best in education.
Australia, Russia, Germany, Japan, France. I'm sure
many European countries (I didn't list and have no
direct knowledge of) as well have excellent  education
systems. In Germany for instance, many grade school
teachers in this country wouldn't be able to get a job
teaching. It requires two masters degrees to teach. Of
course that is a sought out profession in Gemrany, as
it is *very* well paid. </rest of my long rant
deleted>