School using Linux

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Tue Feb 10 18:47:55 CST 2004

One of my customers was asking about burning an eprom for a net card - I
asked him what he was up to and it turns out he is setting computers up
to boot off the net for an Oregon school system.

Just to get current with M$ for the current year was going to cost over
$20,000 so he is setting up a bunch of thin clients using this:

http://k12ltsp.org/

He says when everyone starts up at the same time the server boggs down a
bunch but once everyone is up he says it works fine. He is getting great
feedback from the administration.

He says it is based on Redhat and the latest is on the fedora core - He
wished it was based on debian.
Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

A penny saved is a tax-free penny earned. -kps