benchmark programs

hanasaki hanasaki at hanaden.com
Tue Feb 10 14:03:31 CST 2004

Any good progams you folks recommend for benchmarking?  Bascially I am
looking to compare my system (to others) in video, disk and realworld
cpu performance (ie like HTML page rendering, OpenOffice etc) and raw
CPU performance.  Below is the output of searching debian for
benchmarking and the BogoMips of my system.

Thanks

=================
Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 2044.00 BogoMips <= while runnding

====================
cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 2101.078
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 4136.96

============
apt-cache search benchmark

apache-utils - Utility programs for webservers
bonnie++ - Hard drive bottleneck testing benchmark suite.
contest - The linux kernel responsiveness benchmark
cstream - general-purpose stream-handling tool similar to dd
dbench - The dbench (disk) and tbench (TCP) benchmarks
lg-issue22 - Issue 22 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue23 - Issue 23 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue24 - Issue 24 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue32 - Issue 32 of the Linux Gazette.
libamstd-ruby1.8 - AMbitious STanDard library for Ruby 1.8
nhfsstone - NFS benchmark program.
postal - SMTP benchmark - the mad postman.
postgresql-contrib - Additional facilities for PostgreSQL
postmark - File system benchmark from NetApp.
scsitools - Collection of tools for SCSI hardware management
siege - Http regression testing and benchmarking utility
tiobench - Threaded I/O bench for Linux
xengine - A benchmark program for the X Window System.
iozone3 - Filesystem and Disk Benchmarking Tool
netperf - Network performance benchmark
xbase-clients - miscellaneous X clients