DVD Playing in SUSE 9.0

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Tue Feb 10 04:20:27 CST 2004

Anyone had any luck with getting DVD playing to work in SuSE 9.0?  I'm
not having any luck with getting the xine decss plug in installed due to
RPM hell.  I'm willing to fight it out, but I thought I would just ask
the list real quick to see if there were any handy dandy shortcuts for
SuSE out there that I haven't been able to find.  I'm assuming that I
have to get playing working before I can get ripping to work right?  I
have a DVD of which I am encouraged to make a copy and distribute, but I
can't get it to even play.

Thanks,
Jim Herrmann