dnsmasq vs. bind

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 15:45:31 CST 2004

Russell Starr wrote:

> Shayne,
>
> I've used dnsmasq before and it just works.  It is built into IPCop
> (www.ipcop.org), which is a special purpose linux distro for a router/NAT
> box that has an easy to use web interface.
>
> -Russ

I didn't know that IPCop used DNSmasq, but if you say so then I've used
it as you have seen in my other post.  Works great.  I don't know if I
like the caching DNS as much as I liked the one in Freesco, but I may
not have it set up properly.  I haven't really messed w/ it lately other
than to add the latest bug fixes.  I check the site about once a month
for fixes.  1.3 IPCop has been running great for me.  Only had to reboot
after a couple of the updates.