dnsmasq vs. bind

Shayne Patton linuxh3d at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 01:13:28 CST 2004

Hello All,

I was just wondering if any of you have any experience with dnsmasq.  I
just recently started using it, and like it for the most part.  VERY
lightweight!  My main concern is how it scales.  Can you integrate it
into your sendmail (or postfix) easily.  I know it integrates with dhcpd
which, to me, rocks for something this lightweight.  How many clients
have you'all had on 1 lan with it?  Anyway, thoughts on dnsmasq vs. bind
would be appreciated......especially experiential ones.

Thanx in Advance!!!

Universally,
Shayne