Certification and Employment

Shayne Patton linuxh3d at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 18:51:06 CST 2004

cwgee9801-RR wrote:

>>>Subject: Re: Certification and Employment
>>>

>Lordy, what a great post. Thanks for all the good info.
>
>---
>Will Cook  willcook at att.net

OK, so, my last post was kind of stupid sounding.  What I meant was,
does it matter initially.  If I want to start volunteering on
sourceforge,  how do I know what kind of things to start with?  (ie how
do I make sure I don't get in over my head - baby steps).  This was
initially about setting up servers and the like.  Coding came up
largely, and I do like shell scripting (though I don't think this really
counts as hard core codin1g.  I would be interested in getting better
and refining some skills in this area, but where would be a good place
to jump in and not drown?

My bad on the html....I'll not use that any more.

Universally,
Shayne