Communitech info

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Fri Jan 24 20:28:06 CST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Brad Crotchett wrote:

> No problem!  Is it really powering the whole house already?

Tested them both and they have worked flawlessly for the past month or so,
but only need to use one.  I suppose I could have a backup to the backup,
but I'm talking mom into using one with solar cells. Not only do they
reshape the incoming mains into a perfect regulated sine wave, they also
correct the phase angle which may help lower the power bill.  Overloading
the unit by turning on all the heavy duty appliances such as central air,
electric dryer, and microwave simply flips the bypass relay to the mains
without interruption.

Every house could use a UPS.  I found the price of 120 watt solar panels
have come down ($560.)  20 panels would take minimal parts for peaking the
batteries and get my house off the grid someday.

http://www.oksolar.com/pv/

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                http://counter.li.org user #142150